Pages

Monday, 5 May 2014

Makeup Monday_Everyday Makeup

I'm really lazy when it comes to wearing makeup. I'll usually only wear it to trade school, when I'm working or when I go out. I'm also not very adventurous when it comes to my makeup choices; I'll wear the same eyeshadow with a different lipstick and that's about it. I'm hoping that by posting a new makeup look every Monday that I can break out of the monotony and try something different. That being said today's look is my everyday makeup. 


This is the look I wear pretty much all the time except for when I go out when I step it up a little. I like a really matte finish as my base and have recently changed over to MAC products for my foundation and powder.



Foundation_MAC Pro Longwear in N18, Powder_MAC Studio Fix in NW20

These products have changed my life makeup wise. In the past I have found it really hard to find a good coverage and long wearing foundation and this one is perfect. It manages to cover the redness in the my cheeks without making me look too yellow based which is a problem I've had in the past and the wearability is ridiculous! Even after a full day hairdressing and running around I still have flawless makeup which is a big plus for me. This powder is gorgeous, it's so easy to apply and sets my foundation for the rest of the day. 


Eyeshadow_Australis 82303 In the Jungle, Brows_Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set, Eyeliner_Australis Liquid Eyeliner in Black, Mascara_Rimmel Sexy Curves in Black

If I'm wearing makeup I have to wear liquid eyeliner, my face feels naked and my eyes look tiny if I don't. I find this one great as it goes on really well and lasts all day. The mascara was gifted to me and I wasn't sold on it at first but now I love it! I have naturally really long eyelashes so most mascaras work well for me but this one defines every lash and thickens my lashes really well. Another must for me is a dark, defined brow or a 'wow brow'. I used to be really self conscious of my pointy eyebrows and I'm so glad they're back in fashion again and I can embrace what I have. This brow palette was really cheap and is actually really good! I use a small angled brush (shown later) to apply the darker powder which I find is a better shade against my hair colour and skin tone. 


Blush_Benefit Posie Tint

This blush was also gifted and I was so surprised that the applicator was like nail polish but I've come to love it. It gives me the perfect rosie glow and it gives a sheer and natural finish which is what I want from a blush. 


LIpstick_Sportsgirl Pout About It in Daydreamer

This is my favourite lipstick at the moment, it's the perfect pastel shade of pink and I can wear it all day. It gives a great matte finish without being too drying which is a big concern with matte lip colour. 


Blush, Foundation and Eyeshadow Brushes_Eco Tools, Angled Brush_Natio

I've been using Eco Tools brushed for a while now and I've had good success with them. Even though they are a cheaper option and made of natural fibres as opposed to animal hair I find them really effective in applying my makeup. I'm thinking of upgrading soon only because I've had these for so long and I have more money to spend at the moment. 

My daily routine takes me about 20 minutes depending on how confident I'm feeling in doing my liquid eyeliner. It's probably a lot more 'made up' than many everyday looks but because I don't wear makeup all the time I want to look like I'm wearing makeup. I hope you enjoyed the little insight into my everyday makeup look, hopefully next week I'll attempt something a little more adventurous. 

Amy xx

*Sorry about the quality of a couple of the photos, I'm having a little trouble when transferring them and hopefully will have it fixed soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment