Pages

Monday, 2 June 2014

Makeup Monday_Smokey Eye

I thought I'd go with a something a bit different for me today. I usually try to wear fairly clean cut makeup, something that will open my eyes up as I feel they are pretty small. However I really like a good smokey eye so I though I'd give one a try today.




(I apologise for the extreme regrowth, I'll hopefully be getting my hair done next week. I'm so excited!)

I decided to use a really dark brown for my smokey eye as I wanted it to be a bit softer than the traditional black. I built up the colour with a few layers of dark brown shadow in the outer corner and up to the crease and used the same dark brown shadow under my lower lash line. I then used a black 
Iiquid liner on my top lash line and a black eyeliner pencil on the lower lash line followed by three coats of Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express in Smokey Black. I paired it with a fairly neutral pink lipstick called Jive by Australis. It's a really nice rosy pink with just a hint of lavender. 

I actually really enjoy the look. I probably wouldn't wear it as an everyday look but it's something I really want to try for a night out. What do you think? 

Amy xx




No comments:

Post a Comment