This week I wanted to share my thoughts on Garnier's Micellar Water. I had read a few reviews online and found it for half price in Coles so I thought I would give it a try. I've been using it for about 2 months now and have used a quarter of the bottle.
Micellar water seems to be a big thing in the beauty industry at the moment. It is quick and easy to use as it doesn't require rinsing. It is also suitable for all skin types and is a gentle way of removing makeup.
So I have been using this for a couple of months now and I wish I could give it a more positive review. I've mainly been using it to remove my makeup at the end of the day but I find that it doesn't remove my makeup as effectively as I had hoped. It definitely takes more than one swipe to remove my eye makeup (I don't wear waterproof mascara) and even when I think I have removed it all I will rub my eye and look like a panda. I've also found my skin has also been a bit oilier than usual and I'm getting a bit bumpy on my forehead which I've never experienced before. To it's credit it is incredibly convenient to use though, just apply a tiny bit to a cotton pad and you're ready to go. It's so easy I do it in bed before I go to sleep.
I think I will hold off using it to remove my foundation as I don't want my skin to be too oily. I'm currently looking into getting eyelash extensions and I have heard that Micellar waters are a really good option for removing makeup from lash extensions so I will be giving that a try and will let everyone know how it goes.
Overall it is an okay product. I'm happy I didn't pay full price for it and I'm still unsure if I will purchase it again. I would recommend this product for those with drier and more sensitive skin as I even my normal skin has been left a bit oily from it.
Has anyone tried it and had different results?
Amy xx

No comments:
Post a Comment